Community Webinar: Scribbling Hope: Vision Journaling through Loss
March 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
In this interactive, hands-on workshop, Sarah King will gently guide grieving individuals in creative journaling prompts. Through engaging with easily accessible drawing and creative writing techniques, participants will benefit from the stress relief that lies within art making while also being invited into mindful observation and self-expression.
Through themed prompts, participants can consider how grief is expressing itself in their bodies, minds, and hearts; self-compassion in the midst of grief; as well as what being open to support and healing could look and feel like in their lives.
Sarah will also lead a brief breathing mindfulness exercise and equip them with a creative grounding technique to add to their coping toolbox. All are welcome, no art or creative writing experience is necessary.
After completing this workshop, participants will have expanded their knowledge of creative tools to aid in identifying and illustrating their emotions, thoughts, and physical symptoms of grief.
– While completing the creative activities in this workshop, participants will experience a decrease in their stress level.
– While completing this workshop, participants will examine their current coping tools and by the end of the workshop, they will be able to identify at least one way to practice self-compassion.
– While completing the workshop, participants will consider, acknowledge, and describe ways that care, support, and provision has been demonstrated in their lives.
– Journal or sheets of paper
– Pen or Pencil
– Optional: colored pens, pencils, or markers
– Optional: ruler, or straight edge All live attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
With her background in Social Work, Sarah King served over 18 years in nonprofit organizations supporting at-risk youth, adults transitioning out of poverty, and families with seriously ill children. In addition, she has trained and supported thousands of adults while volunteering in their communities. Sarah continues to equip helping professionals with wellness tools and best practices for sustainable success. Through her company, Sarah King Creates, she has combined her passion for artistic creation with her gifts of service and training to guide others in experiencing the mental health benefits of creativity. As a Healing Arts Practitioner, she equips people to go from overwhelmed and stressed to well-being and peace of mind through movement, mindfulness, and discovering and engaging their creativity. In addition, she loves being in and near water and introduces others to the mental health benefits of swimming through her Water & Well-Being Swimming Retreats. Originally from Indianapolis, Indiana, Sarah has lived in Missouri, California, Texas, and now Miami, Florida. At the end of the day, she unwinds through all things DIY, sand volleyball, and spending time with her friends, family, and rambunctious dog, Colby Jack, and loves anything around eating!